Central New York Trails Day
Sponsored by the NYS AHPERD Central North Zone
* On, Saturday, January 22, 2011, from 10:00am to 1:00pm Central New York is featuring three (3) trail systems for families to use for snowshoeing and/or cross-country skiing. Each trail will offer free equipment to use with some instruction.
* Our mission is to promote outdoor adventure activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family and expose individuals to the public trail systems available in Central New York.
* Our goal is to promote life-time fitness activities that can be enjoyed by family and friends. We hope that your family will explore a new trail each week while creating a positive healthy and active lifestyle through enjoyment of the outdoors.
1. BREIA Trails in Alder Creek, 9338 Egypt Road, Boonville, N.Y. 13309 will provide snow shoes. Hot chocolate and granola bars will be served. Meet at the warming hut to pick up equipment. For more information call Elaine at 733-7978.
2. Maxwell Field, 301 East Sands Street, Oneida, N.Y. 13421 will provide snow shoes and cross country skis. Meet near the concession stand at Maxwell Field. Hot chocolate and granola bars will be served. For more information call Bonnie at 813-3331.
3. Ilion High School, 1 Golden Bomber Drive, Ilion, NY 13357 will provide snow shoes and cross country skis. Meet at the main gym of the school. Hot chocolate and granola bars will be served. For more information call Jane at 895-7471 ext. 5403.
This is a FREE event offered to all who are interested in coming out to enjoy some aerobic winter fun!
Hope to see you on January 22nd!